Strawberry Cake (Doctored Cake Mix Recipe)
Oh how we love a big slice of strawberry cake, and today's moist & delicious easy strawberry cake from a mix is sure to become a new favorite.
We have a couple of fabulous scratch strawberry cake recipes that we love, but sometimes you need a tried and true doctored cake mix recipe that you can whip up in a flash & that is guaranteed to please a crowd. THIS is that recipe!
Table of Contents
Why we Love It!
There are many reasons to love this Strawberry Cake Mix recipe! It has been one of our most popular doctored cake mix recipes over the years. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Great strawberry flavor from strawberry jello as well as strawberry puree!
- Easy to Make, and consistently delicious thanks to the cake mix.
- Tastes amazing with so many fillings and frostings (from sliced strawberries and whipped cream, to cooked strawberry filling, strawberry buttercream, and more!)
- Works well for sheet cakes and cupcakes
- Perfect strawberry dessert to celebrate birthdays, baby showers, picnics, potlucks, and more!
Benefits of a Strawberry Cake Mix Recipe
We have tons of favorite scratch cake recipes in our Recipes section (homemade strawberry cake, strawberry pound cake, strawberry shortcake cake, etc.) and we have tons of fantastic doctored cake mix recipes too!
The plus of doctored cake mix recipes like today's easy strawberry cake is convenience and consistency- no matter how many cakes you've baked before.
Even with the added ingredients, this strawberry cake can be put together quickly.
The addition of extra ingredients to the white cake mix, like strawberry jello and especially real strawberries (whether frozen or fresh) give it the edge over a box of strawberry cake mix. It has the flavor and texture of a from-scratch recipe.
How to make an Easy Strawberry Cake
Although you can easily find strawberry cake mixes at most grocery stores, we prefer to use white cake mix and then add a nice flavor boost from both pureed strawberries as well as strawberry jello.
- This cake has received rave reviews over the years and we hope that you enjoy it too!
- To make this recipe, prepare three 8 inch round pans by greasing, flouring, (and we also like to add circles of parchment to the bottom of each pan).
- Next, add all of the ingredients including the white cake mix, strawberry jello, flour, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and mashed strawberries/strawberry puree. (By the way, I love that this recipe calls for real strawberries rather than just the jello. It really does make a difference in the strawberry flavor)!
- Now, it's just a matter of dividing the batter between the pans and baking!
More Strawberry Cakes
If you're looking for more delicious Strawberry Cakes, don't miss these recipes! Also, keep in mind that this versatile strawberry box mix recipe works well for strawberry cupcakes(cake mix) too!
Enjoy the Recipe
- 1 box white cake mix ( 15.25 oz) (432g)
- 1 small box ( 3 ounce) (85g) strawberry Jello
- 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil ( I used canola oil)
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup pureed ripe strawberries (You can substitute with frozen strawberries)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, grease and flour three 8 inch round pans or two 9 inch round pans
- Put all ingredients into your mixing bowl and mix on low speed until the ingredients are blended. Then increase speed to medium and mix for approximately 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl mid way through.
- The pureed strawberries should be well blended into the batter.
- Bake for 30 min. or until tooth pick comes out clean.
This recipe works for easy strawberry cupcakes also!
Freezing: The strawberry cake mix layers can be baked in advance and frozen for up to three months. Individually wrap each layer in plastic wrap followed by foil. When thawing, keep wrapped for 30-45 minutes at room temperature before unwrapping and thawing to desired amount for assembling and decorating.