Winter Gnomes Cake
Today's gnome cake design is SO cute, simple, and perfect for all sorts of winter occasions from winter birthday parties to Christmas!
Table of Contents
Why we Love It
- Easy, festive cake design which incorporates buttercream with fondant accents.
- Perfect for Christmas and winter parties.
- Design can be applied to cakes of any size, including sheet cakes.
- Make as many or as few gnomes as you'd like! They are sure to bring smiles.
- Perfect for any of our Christmas cake recipes!
Gnome Cake Materials
Fondant with Tylose Powder kneaded into it (or gum paste).
Coloring Gel: We used Americolor Super Red, Sky Blue, and Copper (for the face/nose), and Wilton Leaf Green
Piping Tips: Tip 6 (or other small round tip) for snowflakes, Tip 3 for beard, large piping tip for cutting out faces--optional (2D or 1M for example)
Sprinkles of Choice- We used confetti sprinkles and snowflake sprinkles
Piping Gel for "Glue"
Black food writer Pen
More Cute Winter Cake Tutorials
We've made so many fun Christmas cake and winter cake tutorials over the years! Some of our most popular are our Red Truck Cake Topper Tutorial, Pastel Christmas Tree Cake, Cute Santa Cake, and Sledding Snowmen Cake!
*You can find our full roundup of favorite Christmas and Winter Cakes here: Favorite Christmas and Winter Cake Tutorials and Recipes
Enjoy the Tutorial!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Make sure to check out our full collection of cake decorating tutorials!