Pineapple Filling- A Delicious Recipe
With just three simple ingredients and wonderful pineapple flavor, this filling is sure to become a favorite.
Table of Contents
Why We Love It
- Simple pineapple cake filling recipe with just a few ingredients
- This cooked filling thickens to a great spreading consistency for sandwiching between layers.
- Works perfectly with so many cakes! We've used it in our Piña Colada Cake, Elvis Presley Cake, and Pineapple Coconut Cake.
How to Make Pineapple Cake Filling
This easy cooked pineapple filling comes together in no time! You can find the full, printable recipe further down in this post. Here is a quick rundown of our steps!
- Combine the crushed pineapple, corn starch, and granulated sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat. When the mixture begins to boil, stir constantly until it begins to thicken, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- The pineapple mixture will thicken even more as it cools. Then, cool the pineapple filling completely in refrigerator before using.
No-Bake Pineapple Filling Alternative
In addition to this delicious pineapple cake filling, we have another great option that we love which is no-bake. This Pineapple & Cream Filling is a recipe that we have used in a few of our recipes, including our Pineapple Cake and Orange Pineapple Cake.
This filling is an easy combination of instant vanilla pudding and heavy cream, with crushed pineapple folded in. It has a thick, full consistency. We love both recipes.
We have many more delicious Pineapple Cakes to share with you! In addition to the recipes mentioned above, our Hummingbird Cake, Carrot Cake, and Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake are always a favorite. Thanks so much for stopping by.
If you give our pineapple filling a try, we would love for you to leave a comment and photo below!
More Pineapple Cakes
Here are a few more cakes with pineapple for you to keep on your "must-bake" list!
Pineapple Cake Filling Recipe
- One 20 ounce can (567g) of crushed pineapple, undrained
- ½ cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
- When the mixture begins to boil, stir constantly until it begins to thicken, approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
- Keep in mind that it will thicken even more as it cools. Cool completely in refrigerator before using.