Christmas Tree Sheet Cake- Free Cake Video
Hi everyone! We are excited to share a new Christmas Tree Cake decorating tutorial with you!
This buttercream Christmas Tree Sheet Cake could not be easier to create, and I love the simple, sweet design!
Table of Contents
Why we Love It
There are so many reasons to love this easy Christmas Tree Cake design! Here are just a few.
- Super easy to make with any size of sheet cake pan.
- Perfect for Christmas parties.
- Kids will love to help decorate the cake with candies and sprinkles
- Unlimited design options for colors, piping tips used, etc.
Don't miss our quick Cake Video Tutorial at the bottom of this post!
How to Make an Easy Christmas Tree Cake
You can find the full, printable how-to card as well as our Christmas Tree Cake Video Tutorial further down in this post. Here is a quick rundown of our steps!
- We started with a 9x13 sheet cake. The great thing about this design is that it will work with any size sheet cake!
- Slice Sheet Cake diagonally with one slice from corner to corner. It is easiest to do this when the cake is partially frozen so that you can easily handle the sliced sections of cake.
- Piece the two sections together to form a large, wide triangle shape as demonstrated in the video. Our tree was placed on a 16 inch cake base. Use your cake base of choice!
- Trim away the very bottom of the Christmas tree, with the exception of a little tree "trunk". (This step is optional but I liked the rounded shape that it gave to the tree at the bottom.)
- Frost the cake with green buttercream frosting. We used our crusting Classic Vanilla Buttercream which we smoothed with a Viva paper towel after it had crusted. The options are endless here. If you'd rather not have a smooth look, add texture with your spatula instead, or pipe on buttercream stars and ruffles!
- We piped on ruffles here and there, added various sprinkles, and topped the tree with a fondant star. (See our tutorial on buttercream piping with ruffle tips if you'd like more practice or instruction!)
More Favorite Christmas Cake Tutorials!
You can find a roundup of our FAVORITE Christmas Cake designs in our Christmas Cake Ideas Roundup! You are sure to find even more fun designs that would be perfect for any skill level of cake decorating.
Favorite Christmas Cake Recipes
Don't forget to visit our Cake Recipes Section for our favorite tried and true cake recipes!
For our best Christmas Cakes (lots of traditional go-to recipes like spice cake, eggnog cake, red velvet cake, gingerbread cake, and more) we have a great roundup of favorites! You can find them here: Christmas Cake Recipes!
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you give our easy Christmas Tree Cake a try, we would love for you to leave your comments and photos below!