If you’ve scrolled through our collection of cake recipes, you know that we have a thing for Cream Cheese Frosting!
This easy Caramel Cream Cheese frosting ranks right up at the top of my list of favorites, and when making fall cakes or cakes for caramel lovers, you just can’t beat it! It’s just SO good!
What Cake Flavors Go With Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting?
Using Caramel Topping in the Frosting
Before trying the recipe, we wondered if the small amount of caramel topping that added to one of our favorite cream cheese frosting recipes would give us a strong enough caramel flavor– we were so happy to find that it did!
It is such a time saver to be able to use caramel topping, and the results are fabulous. It has just the right amount of caramel flavoring- and is dangerously good!! Mmmmm…
In fact, we recently frosted our new Toffee Pecan Caramel Cake with it and the result was pure heaven. Ahhhhh. Toffee, pecan, and caramel. What could be better?
You must have this easy caramel frosting a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Love Cream Cheese Frosting? Here are Some other Favorites!
How to make EASY Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- This delicious caramel frosting is my favorite kind of recipe, the flavor is divine and nobody would ever guess how easy it is to make! It is silky smooth, easy to frost and pipe with, and has wonderful flavor!
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the softened butter and cream cheese, mixing until well blended.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar, caramel topping, salt & vanilla. Mix until creamy and smooth!
- This luscious caramel cream cheese comes together in minutes.
*Remember that Cream Cheese frostings should be refrigerated.
Also, cream cheese frostings are softer than your average buttercream frosting. If your frosting seems too soft to work with, chill for 5-10 minutes in the refrigerator (you could also add additional confectioners sugar).
- 2 sticks (226g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8oz) (226g) package full fat cream cheese (Light or reduced fat cream cheese will be too soft for the recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
- 2 teaspoons (8g) vanilla extract
- 6 cups (690g) powdered sugar (1/2 cup more if needed)
- 3 Tablespoons (42g) caramel sauce ( we used Smucker's Caramel Topping)
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the softened butter and cream cheese, mix until smooth. Do not mix above medium speed.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar along with the caramel topping, salt and vanilla. Mix until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Don't over mix or it may become too soft. If it does become too soft, refrigerate for 10 minutes or so to firm it up to a consistency you like. If you plan to do any piping, you may need to chill the piping bag occasionally, as warm hands soften the frosting.
- Refrigerate after frosting the cake.
My Cake School Cake Recipes and Cake Decorating Tutorials- Join Us!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Don’t miss our full collection of FAVORITE cake, cupcake, and frosting recipes in our Recipes section!
If you are interested in learning more about cake decorating, you’ve come to the right place. We have a Free Cake Tutorials section, which also includes a Free Cake Video section. Make sure to check out our fun tutorials!
Also, if you’d like to learn even more about cake decorating, you should consider becoming a member of My Cake School! We’ve made hundreds of cake video tutorials over the years which our members can access. We’d love to have you! You can find all of the joining information here: Learn Cake Decorating- My Cake School Joining Information