I love to use this as a frosting or filling with strawberry, chocolate, spice cakes & red velvet (just to name a few!) . It is so delicious and very simple to make. Enjoy the recipe!
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) (226 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 oz. ( 226 g) cream cheese, (cool, do not soften to room temp.)
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) vanilla extract
- 4 cups (420 g) powdered sugar, add additional powdered sugar if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2g) optional - it will cut the sweetness, popcorn salt is best to use because it is fine and dissolves faster
- In the bowl of your mixer beat the butter beat and cream cheese until just blended. Add the vanilla, and with the mixer on low speed gradually add the powdered sugar and salt. Beat until smooth. This makes 4 cups frosting and will cover a 2 layer 8 inch round cake. This frosting should be refrigerated.