Need a fantastic recipe for a White Cake from Scratch? This white layer cake is amazing.
The Perfect Scratch Cake Recipe
The Reverse Creaming Method of Mixing
Frostings that taste great with White Cakes
- 1 3/4 cups (350g) sugar
- 2 1/2 cups (285g) cake flour
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
- 1Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon (19 g) baking powder
- 2 teaspoons (8g) vanilla
- 1 cup (242g) buttermilk
- 1/3 cup (72g) vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Grease and flour two 8 x 2 inch round cake pans
- In a separate bowl, add the egg whites, buttermilk, vanilla and oil. Stir with a fork to combine.
- Let the cakes cool in the pans 10 minutes, then turn out.
- 6 cups of batter