Today we are sharing an AMAZING Apple Spice Doctored Cake Mix recipe! It’s the season for delicious spiced cakes and I have to say, this one’s a keeper!
We are slowly working our way through our Recipes section so that we can have a scratch version and doctored cake mix version of our favorite recipes.
Apple Spice Cake is a classic fall recipe and we are so excited to have a doctored mix option to go along with our scratch version for Caramel Apple Spice Cake. We love both of these recipes!
After making our Apple Spice Cake doctored cake mix version this week, I find it to be every bit as flavorful and addictive as the scratch version! My family approves 100% and I could not believe how fast this cake disappeared! (I may have had something to do with this too, ha!)
We’ve also made an Apple Spice Cream Cheese Recipe for our Recipe section that is just heavenly with this recipe! You’re going to love it! Big thank you to BeBe for creating this recipe for us as well as the Apple Spice Cream Cheese Frosting!! This one belongs in your recipe file for sure. Enjoy!!
Apple Spice Cake (Doctored Cake Mix)
- 1 box yellow cake mix (15.25g) plus 6 Tablespoons (45g) flour (we used Duncan Hines Classic Yellow cake mix)
- 1/2 cup (108g) light brown sugar (packed into cup)
- 2 teaspoons (5g) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon (2g) nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1g) allspice
- 1/2 cup (l08g) vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons (8g) vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (302g) buttermilk
- 2 cups (204g) peeled and grated apple (2 large apples) I used 1 Golden Delicious and 1 Granny Smith apple - grate on the large holes of grater
- This recipe makes 6 cups of batter
- Works well for cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour two 8 inch round cake pans
- In the mixing bowl, add the cake mix, brown sugar, spices, oil, eggs, vanilla and buttermilk. With the mixer on low speed, increasing to medium speed, mix for 1 minute. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Beat on medium speed for 1 more minute ( longer if using a hand mixer). Fold in the grated apples and pour into the prepared cake pans. Bake 35 to 40 minutes. You may need to cover pans with aluminum foil during the last five minutes of baking to prevent over browning the tops of the cakes.