Apple Spice Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Oh my goodness, this pipeable Apple Spice Cream Cheese Frosting recipe is the PERFECT complement to your fall cakes and cupcakes.
If you love all things cozy and spiced in the cool fall months, THIS recipe is a keeper. It's so easy to make, and oh so delicious.
We especially love this creamy and flavorful frosting with our Apple Spice Cake recipes!
Table of Contents
Why We Love It
This Apple Spice Cream Cheese Frosting recipe is wonderfully creamy, pipes beautifully, and is flavored with the perfect blend of apple pie spices! It makes a great filling or frosting for cakes and cupcakes.
You are going to want to dive right into the mixing bowl-- it is completely addictive!
More Spiced Options
So many Cream Cheese frosting recipes, so little time! They're all certain to make you the dessert hero of the day. SO delicious.
A Softer Consistency
Cream cheese frostings tend to be a bit softer than most buttercream frostings.
If your frosting becomes a bit too soft as you are working with it, simply pop the piping bag, bowl, or even the cake in the freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes to firm things up!
Cakes frosted with cream cheese frostings should be refrigerated. However, for the best taste and texture of the cake and frosting, remove from the refrigerator 2-3 hours before serving!
This will give everything a chance to soften up a bit.
Enjoy the Recipe!
Thanks so much for stopping by. If you give this frosting recipe a try, we would love for you to leave a comment or photo below!
- 1 cup (2sticks) (226g) unsalted butter, softened ( do not soften in microwave)
- 3 (8 ounce) (226g) full fat cream cheese (total weight of cream cheese 678g) do not use reduced fat cream cheese or cream cheese in tub containers (do not soften in microwave)
- 3 cups (343g) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons (8g) vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons (4g) apple pie spice **( if you do not have apple pie spice, see below)
- Put the softened butter in the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, apple pie spice and vanilla. Beat on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes (longer if using a hand mixer) until light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl mid-way through.
- Add pieces of softened cream cheese to the mixing bowl. The cream cheese should be soft enough that it combines easily into the butter/powdered sugar mixture. Beat on low/medium speed about 1 minute or until the cream cheese is blended in.
- Makes 6 cups frosting
- Use immediately or refrigerate. If you have beaten too long and it is too soft to pipe, just refrigerate for about 15 minutes and let it firm up again.
- ** You can make your own Apple Pie Spice by combining: 1 ½ teaspoon (3g) cinnamon, ½ teaspoon (2g) nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon (1g) allspice and two dashes of cloves, stir to blend.