If you love Baileys Irish Cream, you are going to love this luscious filling for your cakes and cupcakes! We especially love it in our Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Cake.
With just a few ingredients, this Irish Cream Mousse filling can be whipped up in no time- it is so good that it could be a dessert all by itself.
How to Make Baileys Irish Cream Mousse Filling
*See full, printable recipe card below
- I love the balance of flavors in this "mousse", with it's thick and creamy consistency. Like many of our mousse fillings, this Irish Cream version's secret ingredient is instant vanilla pudding. When whipped up with heavy cream, and with the addition of the Irish cream, it is amazing!
- I prefer to use a hand mixer for this filling, but you could also use a stand mixer with a whisk attachment or even whisk by hand.
- Combine the dry pudding mix, heavy cream and Baileys Irish Cream in a mixing bow (using a chilled glass bowl & beaters will speed up the mixing time!)
- Begin on low speed until everything is well combined. Then, increase speed and mix until the mixture is thick.
- Refrigerate the Irish Cream Filling until ready to use. Cakes with this filling should be refrigerated until 1 to 2 hours before serving as the whipped cream makes this a perishable filling. If you are making the filling in advance, it should be fine in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
If You're Looking for More "Boozy" Cake & Frosting Recipes for Entertaining, Check out these Favorites!
We hope that you enjoy this amazing Baileys Mousse Filling! If you try it, we'd love to hear what you think!
- 1 small box instant Vanilla pudding (3.4 oz) (96g) we used Jello Brand pudding
- 1 ¾ (406g) heavy cream or whipping cream
- ¼ cup Baileys Irish Cream
- Chilling the bowl and beaters will shorten the mixing time. Use a hand mixer a stand mixer with whisk attachment, or you can whisk by hand.
- Combine the dry pudding mix, heavy cream and Baileys Irish Cream in a mixing bowl.
- Begin on low speed until everything is well combined. Increase speed and mix until the mixture is thick.If mixing by hand, simply whisk rapidly for a couple of minutes or until mixture is thick.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Cakes with this filling should be refrigerated until 1 to 2 hours before serving.If you are making the filling in advance, I think it would be fine refrigerated 5 days.
Don't Miss our Collection of Favorite Recipes and Tutorials!
Thanks so much for stopping by our site today! Make sure to scroll through our collection of favorite tried and true Cake Recipes and Frostings! You can find them in our Recipes Section!
If you are interested in cake decorating, we have made tons of cake decorating tutorials over the years! You can find lots of Free Cake Tutorials in our Free Tutorials section, which also includes a growing collection of Free Cake Video Tutorials!
Finally, if you would like to have access to every cake decorating video tutorial that we’ve made over the years, you should become a member of My Cake School!
We’ve created hundreds of cake decorating video tutorials for our members over the past (10+) years! Our members have full online access to every cake tutorial that we’ve made for as long as they are members, and we are constantly adding new videos!
We would love to have you as a member. You can find all of the joining details here: Learn Cake Decorating Online with My Cake School!