Today, I'm sharing a deliciously moist and flavorful Pink Champagne Cake (doctored cake mix) Recipe. Nobody would ever guess how simple this dessert is to make, and the taste is out of this world!
There's something about Pink Champagne Cake that makes any occasion feel more special. It is perfect for all sorts of celebrations including bridal showers, weddings, anniversaries, Valentine's Day, birthdays, and so on. The champagne flavor is subtle but unmistakable. We hope that you enjoy it!
(If you are also interested in a scratch version of Pink Champagne Cake, make sure to scroll to the bottom of this post!)
Pink Champagne Cake -A Doctored Cake Mix Recipe
Nobody would guess that this moist, flavorful Pink Champagne Cake starts with a simple cake mix!
- 1 box cake mix (sifted), we used Duncan Hines (15.25 oz.) Classic White
- 1 cup (121g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3g) salt
- 1 ½ sticks (12T) (179g) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 egg whites (large eggs)
- 2 teaspoons (8g) vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons (16g) vegetable oil
- 1 ⅔ cup (400g) pink champagne (we used Andre Blush )
- Pink Coloring Gel of choice (We used a small amount of Americolor Deep Pink)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 8 inch cake pans. In the bowl of your mixer add the sifted cake mix, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk at least 30 seconds to combine ingredients. Add the melted butter, egg whites, vegetable oil, vanilla and champagne.
- With the mixer on low speed, increasing to medium speed, mix for 1 minute. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. ADD THE COLORING GEL AT THIS TIME if you want a pink cake. We added the gel color with a toothpick to control the amount.
- Beat on medium speed for 1 more minute ( a bit longer if using a hand mixer). Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and put into prepared cake pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes, check at 30 minutes.
- Recipe makes about 7 ½ cups of batter.
Nothing goes better with Pink Champagne Cake than Pink Champagne Buttercream! You can find our favorite recipe here: Pink Champagne Buttercream.
If you prefer scratch recipes, we have a great one for Pink Champagne Cake! This has been one of our most popular recipes! Find it here: Pink Champagne Cake Recipe from Scratch!
I can’t wait to try this recipe! Is it sturdy enough to stack in tiers? Thank you ????
Yes, it is. Hope you enjoy the recipe.
Does the champagne have to be flat
Hi Rene, No the champagne does not need to be flat.
I made the champagne cake in a bundt pan for my friends birthday and it was delicious! My friend now wants me to make her a raspberry red wine one, which I have no idea how to go about it! Would I just switch the champagne for the red wine?
Hi Donna, so glad that you enjoyed it! I'm sorry that I can't say for sure how it would turn out to switch the pink champagne for red wine. It would be an experiment- but I would think it would work, especially with it being a doctored cake mix. Let us know if you try it!
Melissa what tip did you use for the decorations on the side?
Hi Jeraldine, I used a 104 piping tip (petal tip). With the small end of the teardrop opening pointed to the left, I started from the bottom and piped vertical rows of ruffles, just moving the tip back and forth as I piped. Each row of ruffled piping slightly overlapped the edge of the row before it. I'll have to do a quick video for this post sometime. Hope you enjoy the recipe!
Has a strawberry cake mix ever been used instead of white cake mix to make it a “strawberry champagne cake”? If so what were the results?
Hi Marisela, We use a white cake mix instead of strawberry because we thought the strawberry flavor was better. Some strawberry cakes can have an artificial strawberry taste.
Tk u for the reply! Therefore it’s best when “experimenting” with flavors to use white cake mix since I am not a baker. Once in a while I like to try something different. My husband has invited clients over and thought I’d try something new. It’s between strawberry cake or champagne cake-of course I had to ask if I could do both in one 🤔🤣🤣🤣. Tk u again 😁
Hi Marisela! I agree with Mom (bebe) but just wanted to make sure that you realized that we had a Strawberry Champagne Cake Mix recipe-- we still use white cake mix, but with 1/2 box strawberry jello ;0)
Here is the link: https://www.mycakeschool.com/recipes-tutorials/strawberry-champagne-cake-doctored-cake-mix/
Tks for the link and the help Bebe and Melissa!!!!
I made the pink champagne cake doctored cake mix recipe with the pink champagne buttercream frosting yesterday for the dentist and his wife. It was delicious; we all loved it ❤️. And as of this text at 9:15 pm there is 1/4 of the cake left!!! Tk u for this easy recipe and for all the help and advise! I’ll b making it again. Of course the icing was not anything outbid this world but looked decent 🤣. My next one (strawberry champagne doctored cake) will b next weekend for my aunt who is arriving fm NJ.
Hi Marisela, Thank you so much for posting your nice comments on the recipe. We are happy all went well and everyone enjoyed it.