This Peanut Butter Buttercream is one of my FAVORITE frosting recipes. I love it swirled high on cupcakes, or sandwiched in between layers of chocolate cake. It pipes beautifully, has a creamy consistency, and is extremely addictive. You’ll want to eat it by the spoonful! You can add mini chocolate chips for a great filling variation- enjoy!
Peanut Butter Buttercream
- 1 cup ( 256 grams) peanut butter Do Not Use Natural or Reduced Fat. We have used Jif and Peter Pan Creamy brands.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) (113 grams) unsalted butter at room temp
- 2 c. ( 230 grams) Confectioner’s Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons ( 33 grams ) milk
- 2 teaspoons ( 8 grams ) vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Blend peanut butter and butter on low speed with electric mixer until fluffy. Add sugar, milk, vanilla and salt. Beat on low speed until fluffy again (2-3 minutes). Yields approx. 3 cups of frosting. (OR- Add mini chocolate chips for a great filling in between cake layers!)
- *I use this recipe most often for my Peanut Butter Chocolate Cakes. Chocolate cake layers, peanut butter chocolate chip filling, and chocolate frosting. Yum!
- ***Peanut butter brands labeled "Natural" that I have tried do not work as well with this recipe because the consistency isn't as smooth & creamy. I've used Jif & Peter Pan (Creamy) with good results!