This cake is fabulous! It is super moist, just like my chocolate scratch cake…but has a lighter texture. When making chocolate cupcakes from a mix, this is the one that we use (and everyone loves them!)
***This recipe does not work as well with fondant covered cakes–it is a little too soft for the weight of the fondant.
Chocolate Cake~ A Doctored Cake Mix Recipe
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- Ingredients as listed on the box (water, eggs, and oil)
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons mayo (mayonnaise)
- Sift mix into bowl and add ingredients according to box instructions. Add vanilla, mayo and cocoa.
- Mix all ingredients on medium speed for two minutes, scraping the bowl when necessary.
- Fill your greased/prepped pans. Bake at 325 until cake springs back when touched in the center.
- Don't forget to wrap your warm cakes in plastic wrap and foil, and freeze for extra moist cake.
- MAKES GREAT CUPCAKES