Nobody would guess that this moist and delicious Pumpkin Spice Cake starts from a mix! This flavorful cake (and cupcake) recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving and fall gatherings, but we love it year-round!
**Looking for our Pumpkin Spice Cake recipe from scratch? Find it here: Homemade Pumpkin Spice Cake
Pumpkin Spice Cake- Doctored Mix
- 1 Package Yellow Cake Mix ( I used Duncan Hines Classic Yellow 15.25 oz (432g) Plus 6 Tablespoon flour (42g)
- 1/2 c. (100g) Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 c.107g) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (235g) pumpkin (Not pumpkin pie filling). We use Libby's 100% Pure Pumpkin--15 oz. can (425 grams)
- 1/2 cup (121g) milk
- 1 tsp (4g) vanilla
- 2 teaspoons (4g) ground cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp (4g) pumpkin pie spice
- You could also add chopped pecans or mini chocolate chips as add ins if you like
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour baking two 8 or 9 inch cake pans or a 9 x 13 baking pan (Batter makes great cupcakes too!)
- In the bowl of your mixer, add the cake mix, 6 Tablespoons flour, (hand whisk to blend the flour into the cake mix, sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla, pumpkin, water, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and eggs. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until well blended. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl half way through. Transfer to the cake pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 min. or until it springs back to the touch.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting or Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting