Petit Four Glaze
- 9 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar (sift then measure) (945 g)
- 2 cup (164 g) light corn syrup
- 2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, mix sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup water, and flavoring together until warm and smooth. I like a thin consistency and so approximately 115 degrees F was the temperature that worked well for us. Don't worry if you do not have a candy thermometer..I just wanted to give you an idea. I prefer a nice, thin consistency.
- Stir in enough food coloring until desired color is reached. Do not overheat.
*As you can see in the photo, the cakes were frosted before glazing so that the tops would not be transparent. These are from our cake video tutorial on Petit Fours!