Classic Petit Four Glaze~ Based on a recipe from Martha Stewart’s website, but the same recipe is also found online from many sources. I think this petit four glaze has been popular for a long time, and I really enjoyed working with it!
- 9 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- Gel food coloring, in desired colors
- In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, mix sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup water, and flavoring together until warm and smooth. I like a thin consistency and so approximately 115 degrees F was the temperature that worked well for us. Don’t worry if you do not have a candy thermometer..I just wanted to give you an idea. I prefer a nice, thin consistency.
- Stir in enough food coloring until desired color is reached. Do not overheat.