This silky smooth and perfectly pipeable Pink Champagne Buttercream Frosting is sure to make any occasion feel more special! Consider it for anniversaries, weddings, showers, 21st birthdays, New Years, and more.
We have two Pink Champagne Cake recipes in our recipes section. One is our Pink Champagne Cake from Scratch, and the other is our Pink Champagne Cake (doctored cake mix) recipe. So whether you enjoy baking cakes from scratch, or working with doctored cake mixes, we have an amazing Pink Champagne Cake recipe for you to try!
We’ve received so much positive feedback from this recipe since we first posted it. Pink Champagne Cake is just one of those perfect special occasion go-to recipes that brings a bit of a “wow factor” from the name alone, and the taste is out of this world.
Our Pink Champagne Buttercream Frosting is a crusting recipe, but if you prefer a lighter crust, see the adjustments to the recipe at the bottom of the post. The recipe makes approximately 8 cups of frosting to allow for a delicious filling and decorative piping.
- 4 sticks (452g) unsalted butter, softened
- 12 cups (1380g) powdered sugar (depending on the desired consistency, more sugar = more crusting) If you prefer a frosting that crust less, see the note at the bottom of the recipe.
- 4 teaspoons ( 16g) vanilla
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
- 1/2 cup (122g) pink champagne
- Pink Coloring Gel of Choice (We used a touch of Americolor Deep Pink)
- Cream the softened butter until smooth and lightened in color
- Blend in the salt and vanilla
- Gradually add the powdered sugar with the champagne until the powdered sugar is incorporated. Beat at medium speed 3 to 4 minutes. The texture will become very smooth. If you are tinting the entire batch of buttercream light pink, you can add a very small amount of coloring gel while it is mixing.
- This recipe makes approximately 8 cups of frosting.
*For a softer buttercream with a much lighter crust, cut the amount of powdered sugar from 12 to 9 or 10 cups and cut the amount of champagne from 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon. Also, cut the salt to 1/2 teaspoon. This lighter consistency works well for cupcakes or cakes that don't require the Viva method of smoothing.
Don’t miss our Pink Champagne Cake Recipes!
and our Delicious Doctored cake mix version of Pink Champagne Cake:
My Cake School Online Cake Tutorials, Recipes, and More!
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to visit our full listing of FAVORITE cake and frosting recipes in our Recipes Section! We also have tons of easy cake tutorials in our Free Tutorials Section! (And of course, members have access to all of the videos in our Videos section as well.) There’s something for everyone!
We hope you’ll stop by again soon. If you’re interested in becoming a full member of My Cake School, hop by our Joinsection for more details.