Nothing goes better with delicious Pink Champagne Cake layers than this flavorful and sophisticated Pink Champagne Buttercream!
This silky smooth and perfectly pipeable Pink Champagne Buttercream Frosting is simple to make, and will make any occasion feel more special!
We actually have two Pink Champagne Cake recipes in our recipes section. One is our Pink Champagne Cake from Scratch, and the other is our Pink Champagne Cake (doctored cake mix) recipe. You cannot go wrong with either, we love them both!
This is a crusting buttercream recipe, but if you prefer a lighter crust, see the adjustments to the recipe at the bottom of the post. This recipe makes approximately 8 cups of frosting to allow for filling and decorative piping and borders.
However, you can easily cut this recipe in half if you don’t require this much frosting! Enjoy!
Pink Champagne Buttercream
- 4 sticks (452g) unsalted butter, softened
- 12 cups (1380g) powdered sugar (depending on the desired consistency, more sugar = more crusting) If you prefer a frosting that crust less, see the note at the bottom of the recipe.
- 4 teaspoons ( 16g) vanilla
- 1 teaspoon (6g) salt
- 1/2 cup (122g) pink champagne
- Pink Coloring Gel of Choice (We used a touch of Americolor Deep Pink)
- Cream the softened butter until smooth and lightened in color
- Blend in the salt and vanilla
- Gradually add the powdered sugar with the champagne until the powdered sugar is incorporated. Beat at medium speed 3 to 4 minutes. The texture will become very smooth. If you are tinting the entire batch of buttercream light pink, you can add a very small amount of coloring gel while it is mixing.
- This recipe makes approximately 8 cups of frosting.
- *For a softer buttercream with a much lighter crust, cut the amount of powdered sugar from 12 to 9 or 10 cups and cut the amount of champagne form 1/2 cup to 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon. Also, cut the salt to 1/2 teaspoon. This lighter consistency works well for cupcakes or cakes that don't require the Viva method of smoothing.
**Check out our Pink Champagne Cake recipes!
and our Delicious Doctored cake mix version of Pink Champagne Cake: