I found this recipe on CakeCentral.com— It is delicious and a great choice for carving cakes….especially cakes that are tapered at the bottom (Topsy turvy cakes, Pillow Cake, etc.).
The pudding in the recipe along with the sour cream gives this cake a nice, tight crumb but it is also very moist.
**If using (pudding in the mix) cake mixes, I do not add the box of instant pudding .
**I often double this recipe.
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix, of your choice - we use Duncan Hines
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) (96g) of instant vanilla pudding mix — (not the cooked variety)
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 Incorporate all ingredients together one by one on low speed.
- Make sure to mix thoroughly between each ingredient.
- Once all ingredients are mixed turn mixer to medium and mix for approximately 2 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 30 – 35 minutes